1. AN OVERVIEW ON DATA PROTECTION
2. GENERAL INFORMATION The responsible party (referred to as the „controller” in the GDPR) is the natural person or legal entity that single handedly or jointly with others makes decisions as to the purposes of and resources for the processing of personal data (e.g. names, e-mail addresses, etc.). The controller according to data protection laws is: Midnight Games SRL Romania If you have any questions or suggestions about data protection, you can send us an email to email@example.com Our data protection officer can be reached here.
3. COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR DATA 3.1. Player ID When you first play our games, we may automatically create a pseudonymized user ID. We collect this data in order to provide you with access to our games, for example to your saved game and unlocked or purchased content, Article 6(1)(b) GDPR. 3.2. Social Features, Game Center In some of our games you may also connect your player to third-party accounts such as your Facebook or Google account in order to participate in the Social Features and Highscores. You may also connect your game to your Game Center account. If you connect your Facebook account with our games, the following data is shared with us: Name Profile picture Facebook ID Place of residence (if indicated by Facebook) If you connect your account to your Game Center account or other third-party accounts such as Google, we may collect a pseudonymized unique identifier per connected third party provider. Some of our games allow you to create a pseudonymized invitation link that you may send to your friends to connect directly via the Social Feature. Please note: If you participate in the Social Features, your friends and contacts that also participate in the Social Feature of the same game may also see that you play this game and you will also be displayed in the Highscore of your friends. In addition, when your account is connected to a third-party account, a list of your friends who also participate in in the same game and who have connected their same third-party account(s) with their game is shared with you. You can cancel the connection with your Facebook account at any time by logging into Facebook and selecting the “Settings” option. The connection between Facebook and the app can be deleted under “Apps and Websites.” You can cancel the connection with your Game Center account at any time in the settings menu of our games. You can cancel the connection with your other third-party accounts at any time by sending a message to our Player Support Team via in-game chat or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We collect this data to fulfil our contract by providing our app to you and to be able to connect your account if desired. We may also use this information on our legitimate interest to re-identify your player profile, for example when you lose access to your save game. To the extent that we, as described above, process your data for the purposes of providing the functions of our app (e.g. player ID), we require these information to provide you with our games and their functions. Without this data, we are not able to provide these functions to you. You are, however, not required to provide data of your third-party accounts and connect our games to them. Without this data, however, we are not able to provide the corresponding functions of our app to you. 3.3. Support requests If you send support requests to us by email, via integrated HelpShift chat within the games or via messages within social media platforms, we collect and process the data from your request and data from your account, such as username and country. We only collect this data in order to appropriately respond to your questions, to provide our app to you and to be able to process your request based on the contract we passed when you accepted the Terms and Conditions. When you send support requests directly via the chat system integrated into our games, your provided personal data will be transmitted to our help desk provider HelpShift. By sending support requests via the chat system, you understand and agree with the transmission of the personal data required to process your support request. The data sent by you to us via contact requests remains with us until you request us to delete, revoke your consent to the storage or the purpose for the data storage lapses (e.g. after completion of your request). Mandatory statutory provisions in particular statutory retention periods remain unaffected.
4. PERMISSIONS Our app uses the following permissions: Permission Purpose Autostart Necessary for sending notifications to the user Network connection display Receives information regarding the existence of and connection to networks. Google Play billing service (Android) Allows the user to purchase in-game products. Full access to the network Necessary for sending data to the Internet. Location Necessary to provide contextually relevant and/or personalized customer experiences Search & Siri suggestions (iOS) If this function is enabled, information from the game can be displayed when searching, looking things up, and when keyboards are displayed, and Siri can learn from use of the app and make suggestions. Notifications (symbols, tones, banners, control of vibration) If notifications are enabled in the settings, these can be sent to the player in order to display important events over the course of the game. Background updates If this function is enabled, background updates can take place. Mobile data The player can allow access to mobile data so that it can use all the functions of the game without being connected to Wi-Fi. Access to local storage The app characterizes the local storage and accesses it in order to be able to execute the services.
7. DISCLOSURE OF DATA We may share your data with: The technical service providers involved in the supply of the services. As subcontractors, these service providers are under the same obligations as Midnight Games to comply with applicable personal data protection laws. Other companies, only in the event of a transfer of Midnight Games activities. Administrative or judicial authorities to verify the proper use of our services or for the purposes of an investigation, in compliance with applicable law. Midnight Games always verifies the legitimacy of the request. In such cases, your data may be transferred to countries located outside of the European Union who provide an equivalent level of protection. In the event of transfer to other countries, the protection of your data is especially ensured by the signature of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
8. DELETION OF YOUR DATA Unless the law specifies a different retention period, we will delete or anonymize your personal information as soon as you request us to delete your data or it is no longer needed for the purposes for which we collected or used it in accordance with the preceding paragraphs. If data must be kept for legal reasons, they are blocked. In that case they are no longer available for further use.
9. AGE LIMITS To use our services you must confirm full legal capacity or, in case of restricted legal capacity, obtain the consent of your legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect or ask for personal information from children. In case you can’t confirm full legal capacity, please do not send us any data about yourself, including name, address or email address. If we learn that we have collected personal data of a child, we will delete these as soon as possible. If you think that we might have data from a child, please contact us at email@example.com.